लोक सेवा आयोगबाट मिति २०७२ साल आश्विन २१ गते संचालन भएको विविध सेवा अन्तर्गत रा.प.अनंं. प्रथम श्रेणीको कम्प्यूटर टेक्निसियन परिक्षामा सोधिएको प्रश्नहरु जानकारीका लागि प्रस्तुत गरेको छु । आशा छ यसले साथीहरुलाई सहयोग अवश्य गर्ने छ।
Public Service Commission
Computer Technician Exam 2072
Competitive Written Exam Held on 2072-06-21
Time: 45 minutes
Objective Questions (50 x 1 = 50 marks)
Correct Answers are Marked as Bold
- An area of computer that temporarily holds data waiting to be processed is…
a.CPU b. Memory c. Storage d. File
- Hard disk can be used as….
a.Input device b. Output Device c. Storage device d. All of the above
- Unicode standard is…………..
a.Software b. Font c. Character encoding system d. Keyboard Layout
- A fault in a computer program which prevents it from working correctly is known as
a.Boot b. Bug c. Biff d. Strap
- The difference between people with access to computers and the Internet and those without this access as the:
a.Digital divide b. Internet divide c. Web divide d. E-illiteracy
- Cache Memory………………
a.Helps to store more data in hard disk
b. Placed between main memory an microprocessor
c. Stores data Permanently
d. Holds last time visited web site only
- Which one of the following printers is suitable for printing sprocket feed carbon copies
a.Laser b. Dot matrix c. Ink Jet d. Drum
- Which tool in Windows XP Home loaded by default can you use to back up essential system files?
a.Emergency Repair Disk b. Backup and Recovery Wizard
c. System Restore d. Recovery Console
- With respect to a network interface card, the tem 10/100 refers to
a.Protocol speed b. A fiber speed c. Megabits per second’s
d. Minimum and minimum server speed
- Typically, how many type III PC cards can you insert in a laptop
1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4
- The video devices are connected to……BUS.
a.PCI b. USB c. HDMI d. None of the of above
- Upgrading the BIOS is also known as…….
a.UROMing b. Smoothing c. Flashing d. Updating
- In which of the following statements in regard to directories is false?
a. Directories can be created inside directoris
b. The rood directory is always at the highest
c. Directories can be moves
d. Directories cannot be renames
- In windows, start button is used to
a Run applications b. Device setting
c. Turn off the system d. All of the above
- Which one of the following is a shortcut commonly used to switch between programs in windows system?
a.Alt+shift b. Alt+Tab c. Ctrl+Shift d. Ctrl+Tab
- Before We store data into a disk it must be divide into sectors and from where the disk controller can read and write. This is known as……..
a. Low-Level formatting b. Defragmenting c. High-level formatting
d. Portioning disk
- Windows displays various options to shut down. Which is suitable at the end of day?
a. shut Down b. Restart c. Sleep d. Hibernate
- Maximum RAM supported by a 32 bit operating system is
a.2 GB b. 3 GB c. 4 GB d. 5 GB
- A communication processor that connects dissimilar networks by providing the translation from one set of protocol to another is ….
a. Bride b. Gateway c. Router d. Modem
- The topology with highest reliability is:
a. Bus topology b. Star topology c. Ring topology d. Mesh topology
- What is the most important piece of information needed to connect to a specific wireless network?
a. Channel b. MAC address c. SSID d. Administrator password
- Which technology has the fastest data transfer rate?
a. 802.11 a b. 802.11 b c. 802.11 g d. 802.11 n
- Which of the following cable types Is not affected by EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) but requires specialized tools to install?
a. Cat 6 b. STP c. Fiber Optic d. Coaxial
- Which of the following is the default port for HTTPS?
a Port 25 b. Port 80 c. Port 143 d. Port 443
- The auto complete feature
a. checks the style of the documents
b. Checks the readability of the document
c. Checks the spelling in the document
d. None of the above
- What are inserted as cross-reference in word?
a. Placeholders b. Bookmarks c. Objects d. Word Fields
- What is gutter margin?
a. Margin that is added to the left margin when printing
b. Margin that is added to right margin when printing
c. Margin that is added to binding side of page when printing
d. Margin that is added to the outside of the page when printing
- Ctrl + H
a. Open find and Replace dialog box with activating Replace Tab
b. Open format Dialog box activation Insert Hyper Link Tab
c. Open Insert Dialog box activation Insert Hyper Link Tab
d. Open Insert Hyper Link dialog box
- Which language does MS Word use to create Macros?
a. Visual C++ b. Visual Basic c. Foxpro d. Access
- When a formatted number does not fit within a cell it displays
a. ###### b. #DIV/0 c.#DIV@ d. None of the above
- To insert New comment in Excel sheet one must be use
a. F2 b. F3 c.Shift+F2 d. Shift+F3
- In Ms Excel getting data from a cell located in a different sheet is called……
a. Accessing b. Referencing c. Updating d. Functioning
- In Excel to select multiple non adjacent cells in a worksheet you will click them holding
a. Ctrl b. Alt c. Shift d. Ctrl +Shift
- Which of the following is an absolute cell reference?
a. $A$1 b.&A1$ c.#A$1 d.#A1#
- How can the slide show be repeated continuously?
a.Loop continuously until ‘Esc’ b. Repeats continuously
c. Loop more d. None of the above
- From where can we set the timing for each object?
a. Slide show, custom transition
b. Slide show, slide transition
c. Slide show, custom animation
d. View, slide sorter
- Dynamic Web page
a. Is same every time whenever it displays
b. Generates on demand by a program or a request from browser
c. Both A and B
d. None of the above
- What is web browser?
a. A program that can display a web page
b. A program used to view html documents
c. It enables user to access the resource of internet
d. All of the above
- What is the correct HTML for inserting an Image?
a. <image src=”image.gif” alt=”MyImage”/>
b. <img href=”image.gif” alt=”MyImage”/>
c. <img src=”image.gif” alt=”MyImage”/>
d. <img alt=”MyImage”>image=”gif</img>
- How can you create an email link ?
a. <mail href=”a@b”> b.<mail>a@b</mail>
c. <a href=”a@b”> c. <a href=mailto:email@example.com>
- Which of the following is not a database application?
a PostgreSQL b. MYSQL c. IBM DB2 d. Microsoft DPM
- Data Manipulation Language (DML) is not to:
a. Create information table in the Database
b. Insert a new information into the Database
c. Deletion of information in the Database
d. Modification of information in the Database
- …………refers to the correctness and completeness of the data in a database
a. Security b. Data Constraint c. Data Independence d. Data Integrity
- A command to delete table from a SQL data base
a. Drop table from <table name>
b. Drop table <table name>
c. Drop*from<table name>
d. Delete table <table name>
- Inaccurate requirements, coding errors, and faulty documentation highlight the need for robust…..
a. quality assurance b. software engineering
c. Object oriented analysis d. Training
- In which phase of the SDLC are information needs identified?
a. Preliminary investigation b. Systems analysis
c. Systems design d. Systems development
- A good specification should be
a. Unambiguous b. Distinctly specific c. Functional
d. All of the above
- Agency responsible for Licensing Certifying Authorities (CAs) under the Electronic Transaction Act and exercising supervision over their activities
a. OCCA b. NITC c. HLCIT d. DOIT
- GIDC stands for……
a. Government Integrated document Center
b. Government Integrated Database Center
c. Government Integrated Data Center
d. Government Integrated Data Collection
- Latest CIVIL service act amendment was done in the year
a. 2072 b. 2071 c. 2069 d. 2068
Note:- Given answer are based on different source available in internet